CAFU, the MENA region’s first on-demand car service, announces its expansion into Canada on the eve of its second Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) report. The business has been developed entirely in the UAE, one of the most innovative nations in the world, launching in 2018, CAFU was inspired by the nation’s visionary leadership and its aspiration to create new smart car solutions for its citizens and residents.
Expanding into Canada with plans to continue growing into other markets, CAFU’s EV charging solution aims to support users with no access to home charging. CAFU’s new innovative service will allow car owners in Quebec to charge their cars with a simple tap of a button, boosting access to charging infrastructure.
This cutting-edge mobile EV charging solution technology not only expands charging options for EV drivers, but will also promote easy adoption in the future. The CAFU truck can travel to recharge the vehicle on demand – enabling a seamless travel journey for the customer.
CAFU began reporting its Greenhouse Gas emissions in 2021, as part of its commitment to become a carbon neutral company. CAFU’s 2022 Sustainability Report highlights:
- Throughout 2022, the company included data from both CAFU Petroleum and CAFU Tech (including their BOLT on-demand car services) in the reporting of their greenhouse gas emissions.
- Evolving from a fleet of 20 trucks in 2018, to become the technology platform of choice for all vehicle services, CAFU increased its fleet size by approximately 41% in the past year.
- CAFU saw a 19% increase in their customer base over the last year and added 70 additional trucks to their fleet, which resulted in a slight increase in emissions of 10% from 2021.
- Driving forward its commitment towards a more sustainable future on the road to carbon neutrality – CAFU entered the second phase of its Ghaf Tree Project, with the aim to plant 1 million Ghaf seeds, in partnership with UAE University. Pivoting from its aerial technology, CAFU will launch new patented technology, scaling the program to help combat climate change in such harsh and arid climates.
- Implementing emission-reducing initiatives, such as the Route80 Project, CAFU improved the efficiency of their trucks, reducing their emissions per order by 10 percent.
By leveraging technology and innovation, CAFU is committed to delivering car solutions that make people’s lives more efficient. With its continued expansion and commitment to ESG, the company is poised to make a positive impact on a regional and global scale.